


Wow! Did we have a fun, magical Christmas, or what?! It was so funny to see Haley walk into the room. For months, you imagine how the kids will react, especially Haley with the huge doll house. She didn't react in any of the ways I imagined! I never thought that she wouldn't even SEE it! She looked under the tree for what Santa brought. We said, "Keeeeep looking." She looked harder and closer under the tree. We said "Look aaaaall over!" She looked harder. She finally looked over, confused and just stared for a minute. Then she saw what she had asked for (Hannah Montana Barbie with a stage) and started jumping up and down. In talking to her later, and thinking about it, I realized that it probably didn't even look like a doll house. She didn't know WHAT it was! It didn't have furniture in it yet...just a few presents...so it just looked like a bunch of shelves that blended into our wall. Funny. Later, she told me that she thought, "Hmm...could that be a doll house in there? Yeah, I think it is! Yeah! IT IS! IT IS! IT IS!" That's exactly what she told me she was thinking. Sooo funny. This Christmas we enjoyed so many things: Greg getting 3 Glenn Beck books (3!), Tickle Me Elmo was very entertaining for all, Haley's break-down about having her white elephant gift taken (why she wanted Back to the Future so bad, I'll never know!), seeing Addison get blessed, being around family (even though everyone and their dog was sick), gee, what else?....a lot of fun! So much fun that we are just now recovering from it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment