Tuesday, December 11, 2007

'Tis the Season




We have had a lot of fun so far! We made gingerbread houses. Ashlyn ate more than she put on the house, Haley thought of a great bridge, and Greg and I were pretty proud of our blue m&m river. I only burned myself about 5 times! I tried doing the ever stable melted sugar to put it together. Very hot. I think we'll do it differently next time!












The girls played in the snow until their cheeks were red and their gloves were soaking wet. Haley made a snowman that survived a week, even when it rained a lot and every thing else melted.

Decorating the tree took just about all day! Some lights didn't work, the tree fell over (partly on Ashlyn - wow, the fear in her eyes!), we repositioned the tree over and over, Ashlyn took things off as we put them on, and Haley just wanted to play pretend with all the nutcracker ornaments. Well, we finished and it was fun listening to Christmas music and having fun together. Haley had been asking every day to get our tree. She was very excited when grandma and grandpa brought it, even though she plugged her nose for about half and hour until she got used to the smell. We had to convince her it was a great smell! Ha ha.

No comments: