Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm old.


I turned 30 and, boy, my body felt old! I woke up in the morning with a terrible head cold - the kind that shoots pain behind your eyes if you move your head in any direction. I was still extremely stiff and sore from working out 2 days before and had re-sprained my ankle. The day before, I had a day of what felt like I had depression - didn't want to do anything. Having my hair in a ponytail, I noticed WAY more streaks of grey in my hair. All week I had been exhausted, going to bed at 9pm! (when I usually stay up until midnight at least - what is that all about?!). I also had restless legs when trying to sleep (yes, it is a real thing.) What is going on?! Did my body really find out what day was coming? And, look at me - complaining about my ailments like an old person :) AAgggghhhh!

My sweet hubby came home early, brought roses, a snickers cake, and presents. Can't wait to get a pedicure! It'll be more like surgery with my horrible sandal feet! (See, there I go again...complaining!) Greg took care of the kids, gave me a massage, and ordered take-out. Love you Greggor! He is still bringing my requested cake today, since the place got it wrong yesterday. (If anyone has ever had chocolate-covered chocolate cheesecake from Thanksgiving Point you will know why I requested it!)  Anyway, Greg has worked so hard this week, and then he works so hard for me. What a guy!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Your not old... but holy cow you are so photogenic! You look beautiful in this pic. Happy Birthday!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Erika! Did you ever think we'd get this old?
Laura

howellblog said...

Glad you survived it. Ya- you don't look too sick. I know you were though. I felt for you! Welcome to my world! You have ailments you never had before. You often say, "What's that about- I never had that before!" Anyway, happy 30 again! Sure love ya! Suzy
p.s. Wish I was there, but then again- didn't want your gumboo!

Julie Jardine said...

You are hallarious! But what I want to know is: what is a Snickers cake?
Hey, super cute blog!!!

Julie Jardine said...

I forgot to give you my blog address:
lifeatthejardines.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Erika -- I just discovered your blog today -- and found this one and want to wish you a BE-LATED BIRTHDAY!!! I too, turned 30 earlier this year, and my body has it's own share of "mishaps" . Hope that it's been good so far.