Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Who Built This House?



Now that our renters moved out, we have a lot to work to do in the basement. Greg and his brother just fixed the dryer vent. It wasn't attached to the vent on the outside of the house, and didn't even have enough slack to attach it. It had 2 plastic pieces hooked together with a metal piece in the wrong direction too. So, basically, lint from the dryer blew into our walls, into the hose, and when that was full (see picture), it just vented into the apartment. Argh! We were told we'd have to tear into the wall, possibly the whole wall until we found the problem. It was better to put a nylon or a filter box on the dryer. Well, we didn't want to do that anymore. Boy, are we glad we fixed the problem! Talk about fire hazard! The other picture shows a bit of it burnt. There are so many strange things we have come across in this house. Not sure why someone did what they did sometimes. Greg's brother even found some kid's pajamas in the wall! That's how weird this house is sometimes.

5 comments:

Sarah... said...

The only thing I can think to say is...WOW!

Shanna said...

Nice hat Greg! Ryan says you're a nut. Sorry about all the problems with the house. I am glad you got it fixed though.

Shanna said...

Hey Erika! I tagged you. go to my blog. Don't worry it's fun!

Sarah... said...

Yo Erika...
I'm FINALLY getting back to you on your blog questions! I actually found the following website to be VERY helpful...
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/
It just tells you step by step how to create your own blog creation. Then I go to www.shabbypincess.com and download their free scrapbook packages with paper and other things to spice up your blog. It's really simple once you figure it out, but figuring it out is sometimes frustrating. My sister wanted to throw the computer, but now she has it down! Anyway... I make my headers in a photo program on my computer. Honestly, the program stinks and I hate all my headers. I am SO not as creative as I have seen other people are! But, thanks you for the compliment. I needed it! HaHa I can't afford photoshop or anything right now, so I'm working with limited recourses. I hope this helps you in some way. I love your blog though! It's way cute. Where do you get yours?

GDuck said...

Me the "Vent-icine Man" -- Me fix vent long time. Me get fiberglass on all clothes!