Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Beginning of the End





We started the best part of the siding! Wahoo! Now we can finally start to see what it will look like! The foam went up in a couple of weeks. The second stage has been the longest - the trim, corners, facia, details, etc. just take forever, and you can't really see much happening. Now, finally, we get some color! No more paint-chipped orange walls, and soon, no more foam! I think it will be a big improvement! It is such a long process. It isn't that difficult, but it takes SOOOOO long!  Greg has been so busy with work and extra work, that it's been hard to find the time. And the weather did NOT cooperate on the few free days we had. It is a long process WITHOUT those issues anyway, so it's been extra long. But, the end is in sight! The kids enjoy playing hide-and-seek and playing in the dirt and chalk while we work. Dan has been our hero! He has spent so many hours helping Greg. They have worked in the dark, in the pouring rain... Wow. Thanks Dan!

3 comments:

Sam and Jen said...

Hey I love your blog. Haley is such a character! Isn't home improvement fun?! I'm just getting into blogging. It was neat to get to know your family better!

Julie Jardine said...

Lookin good! I can't wait to see it when it is done! It will make such a big difference! Good job you guys!
Cute pictures too. I love the one of the girls in the window well.

Anonymous said...

Let's finish this thing baby! Waahoooo!